*What is the name of your business?
Portraits by NC
*What is your name?
My name is Enzie and it is pronounced like the initials NC
*How long has your business been around for?
I started my career as a portrait artist in 1999
*Why was it started?
I have always drawn or painted and once my children no longer needed my full-time attention I wanted to go after a career in the fine arts. People responded very favorably to my portraits of kids and animals and after creating a portfolio of my work, the next step was to turn it into a full-time business.
*What do you specialize in?
I specialize in hand-painted portraits of people and animals in a very realistic style in either oil, mixed media or digital form. Most of my portraits are painted from photos that clients send me and thanks to the internet my portraits have brought joy to people around the globe.
*What types of services do you offer?
1. Different Styles of Portraits at Different Price Points When my daughter was very young I had seen the work of a German doll artisan who would make dolls based on photos of your kids. I always wanted one, but never could afford it. I made myself a promise that if I ever became successful at my craft that I would make my work affordable to anyone. That prompted the different painting styles I offer that are priced from as low as $25 all the way up to several thousand dollars.
Most of my client can not tell the difference between the painting styles, because each are created with love and the utmost attention to detail. They only differ in the materials used – digital paintings allow for a quicker turn around than a mixed media paintings and they in turn take by far less time than a traditional oil portrait would. By offering different types of services my clients can own a hand painted portrait of their loved one that is a piece of art created by a traditionally trained portrait artist.
2. Photography Service As a portrait artist you have to be also good at photography. I offer a photo shoots for clients who live within an hour driving distance from my studio. Sometimes clients have old and faded images of their loved ones. Using todays graphic tools, I can breathe new life into this faded images and turn them into lovely paintings.
3. Home Decor Assistance Some people need help with determining the right color scheme or with the selection of a painting that will fit into their existing home decor. I send color samples and guide my clients through samples to find a style and color scheme for their artwork that goes well with their home.
*What is the approx. cost?
Prices vary on the style and size chosen- here are a few samples
-Pay What You Want from $25 and up (I paint – you print)
-Digital Portrait on Gallery Wrap Canvas – smooth surface from $195
-Mixed Media Portrait on Gallery Wrap Canvas – textured surface from $245
-Oil Portrait on Museum Wrap Canvas – textured surface from $250
*What types of payments do you take (credit card, cash, cheque, paypal etc.?)
I accept all major credit cards and Paypal and my website is set up for a secure buying experience.
*Do you sell Gift Certificates?
Yes, Gift cards can be ordered in increments of $50 .
*If someone wanted to get a painting done by you how do they get a hold of you?
The easiest way to reach me is via email at email@example.com or through the contact form on my website at http://www.portraits-by-nc.com/contact *What do you plan to accomplish with your business in 2014? When people hug me or burst into tears from seeing the portrait of their loved one for the very first time, their involuntary response to my work stands as a testament that I was given a gift of bringing joy to others through my paintings. I have always felt that with such a gift comes a responsibility and that I need to use this gift for good causes. For years, I have been donating gift certificates for custom portraits to various causes and have watched as these raised nice sums for charities. My goal for 2014 is to extend my reach and offer even more paintings for good causes. I have already started to paint theme specific art, like a Panda painting for a Panda Sanctuary and a Grape Painting for CK Mondavi in support of the Intrepid Fallen Heroes. I need help spreading the word and actively look for organizations that are known for making a difference in the life of others, be it two or four-legged.
*What are some causes (charities) you have supported in the past?
I have donated to the United Nations UNHCR division, to Nothing But Nets, Boxer Rescue Mission in Los Angeles, The Fran Joswick Riding Center and many more. *What is your favorite thing to paint? When you paint people and animals you are painting someone who has very special meaning to someone else. I look for subtle clues, be it a head tilt, a smile or a certain gaze.I absolutely love capturing the expressions that give people and pets the characteristics we recognize them by. So portraiture is my absolute favorite thing to paint.
*Post some client reviews you have recieved:
I like to invite your readers to visit my Client Review page at http://www.portraits-by-nc.com/reviews/ were they can read and see client’s photos with their paintings.
1. “Trained in Classical Realism Enzie Shahmiri is a portrait artist who has created portraits for families and individuals since 1999. The artist draws inspiration for her paintings from years of travel and observation of people from around the world. Best known for her commissioned portraits of people and pets, Enzie not only captures her subjects’ distinctive facial expressions, but their unique aura’s and their own current place in life. Her subjects are as rich and as culturally diverse as her depictions of them.” – Ms. Lisa Freedman Art Marketer
2. “…The order was for a Christmas present for my son-in-law who is the owner of Nacho and has had him for the past 13 years, since Nacho was a wee pup. I can’t even begin to describe the emotions and sincere gratitude for such a treasure. The picture was perfect. It captured Nacho in every essence of his being. He truly is a dog with a human mind! We love Nacho and now we will all have his image with us long after his life is over, which we hope is not for some time. …Thank you again Enzie for making a dream come true and for helping us keep Nacho’s memory with us forever.” Melinda C.
*Fill in your Social Media Information:
Other: Google Plus http://plus.google.com/+EnzieShahmiriportraits/posts
*Do I have permission to copy this to my blog?: Yes
*Do I have permission to use the photos you provided me with?: Yes
** Thank you for stopping by my blog and I hope you enjoy reading about something I am very passionate about; being an animal advocate. If you enjoy my blog be sure to share it with your friends & family and check us out on other social media pages! Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/rescuemomblog