Today we are doing a pet product review on 7 different flavors (all pictured above) from the company Dogs Love Kale™. They have been featured in Modern Dog Magazine 2015 as a Fave Find and Winner of Eco Excellence Awards in 2015 for Best Pet Product; Treats. Dogs Love Kale currently features 8 different types of flavors that all contain kale(hence their name). Did you know that Kale is a superfood. It’s an antioxidant that contains essential vitamins including: beta carotene, calcium, vitamin K, vitamin C, and lutein. Actually my personal favorite type of salad to eat is Kale with sweet poppy seed sauce! YUM!
Want to learn more about Dogs Loves Kale?
Check out our exclusive interview we did with them here:
-> Click Here <-
Let’s start this product review!
Appearance & Design
1 2 3 4 5
Each treat bag from Dogs Love Kale features a peek-a-boo window that allows you to see the actual treat inside, the size, shape and color. I really like that they got creative with the style of their treats, not just a plain round or square treat, these are shaped like little hearts (their logo also has a few heart-shaped o’s in it as well).
Smell & Taste Test
1 2 3 4 5
Rolo was so excited to test out 7 different types of Dogs Love Kale treats! ♥ Apple Crisp ♥ Gobblers ♥ Tropical Delight ♥ Sweet Tater ♥ Punkin ♥ Moo Moo ♥ Chicka. I picked one from each bag and put them on the floor in front of him. I like letting him go at his own pace, smelling and picking out the ones he wants to eat first. As you can tell from the first photo he was sniffing my hand that has the treats in it and the last photo after he finished eating the treats he was smelling and licking the carpet just to get the very last crumbs picked up. He was not letting any of it go to waste. I’d have to say his favorite is the Apple Crisp, which is interesting because he doesn’t eat apples, maybe after this he will! I smelled each treat as I was putting them out onto the plate for the above photo and each treat was easily distinguished! I should try this blind folded, I bet I could get them all right!
Creativity of Product
1 2 3 4 5
Rolo is trained through positive reinforcement which also means get a lot of treats as we work on training & tricks. Dogs Love Kale has created delicious treats that are made with VERY LIMITED INGREDIENTS! There are no preservatives, no additives in these treats just an all natural, gluten & grain free treat! Here is some information about the 7 different Dogs Love Kale treats Rolo tested out;
- Apple Crisp – Apples are full of antioxidants and vitamin C, which may help with degenerative conditions like joint disease.
- Gobblers – Sweet Potatoes contain high amounts of amino acid that help to maintain healthy strong lean muscles for your dog.
- Tropical Delight – Green bananas are really good for your dog’s coat, digestion and muscle tissue vs a ripe yellow banana. Coconut contains beneficial lauric acid, which boosts the immune system.
- Sweet Tater – Sweet Potatoes contain high amounts of amino acid that help to maintain healthy strong lean muscles for your dog.
- Punkin – Pumpkin is believed to support urinary health. It is also an excellent source of Vitamin A, beta-carotene, potassium and iron. These treats are also low-calorie.
- Moo Moo – Carrots are low-calorie, high in fiber and beta carotene/vitamin. Carrots can reduce the risk of cancer and is good for your dog’s eyes.
- Chicka – Blueberries are an excellent source of vitamins including B-Complex. They help control blood sugar levels and may improve cardiovascular health for your dog. These are Low Calorie
(Information Credit Above: http://www.dogslovekale.com)
Disclaimer: Confessions of a Rescue Mom received 7 bags of Dogs Love Kale treats for posting an honest review. The opinions expressed in this review are our own and were not influenced in any way. There was no monetary compensation.
**Thank you for stopping by our blog and I hope you enjoy reading about something we are very passionate about; being animal lovers. If you enjoy our blog be sure to share it with your friends & family and check us out on our other social media pages below: