Got the luck of the irish? Well your pooch will sure feel like it with these yummy and easy to make frozen treats in their bellies! Although we do not have warm weather up here in Canada(atleast where we live), I found myself still making frozen treats for Rolo. But I guess I still do enjoy ice cream myself in the winter, so why not! These treats are super simple and very fast to make, especially if you have all the ingredients already! Plus you really can add in anything you want to them. Does your dog like blueberries? add them in. Got a peanut butter allergy in your house? Leave the peanut butter out. The great thing about frozen treats is as long as you have a liquid base to hold it all together, you can add anything (dog friendly) into them! So while you are enjoying your spinach dip and green beer (like myself), your pup can partake in the party too!
Prep Time: 2 Minutes!
• Handful Spinach • 2 tbsp. Peanut Butter (make sure yours does not contain xylitol) • 1 tbsp. Coconut Oil • 1 small container of Yogurt (I chose vanilla) •
• Blender • SmallSpoon • Ice Cube Tray •
• Take all ingredients and add to blender cup
• Blend together
• Use small spoon to scoop out the mixture and put into ice cube tray. I did make a bit of a mess doing this, so I wiped off the edges around the ice cube tray after it was all scooped in
• Pop into the freezer for at least a few hours
• Take Leprechaun Pupsicles out of the mold. I prefer a tray that has the silicone on the bottom, so things pop out easier!
• Serve to your pup!Check out Rolo’s crazy faces! I think they are a hit, plus they didn’t take much effort to make! Win, Win! How will you be celebrating St. Patrick’s Day??
Come Get Social With Us;
Instagram, Periscope & Twitter: RescueMomBlog