This page is dedicated to my heart dog Rolo. He is the inspiration behind this blog and the fire that shines through my heart. Forever My Boy; Adopted June 23, 2011 – January 11, 2019
This is his story: Let’s go back to June 2011. As soon as we purchased our first home in Fort McMurray, we wanted to fill it with a dog. We went up to the Fort McMurray SPCA almost everyday for 2+ weeks looking for a dog to adopt into our family, someone laid back and chill. I got a text from my boyfriend at the time (now husband) that he wanted me to come up and meet a dog.
When I met this dog, then named Apollo, I took him outside with the kennel attendant and the shy guy wouldn’t even come near me. He was very timid & reserved. It took at least 10 minutes for him to even walk near me. When he did come close and sat down, he awkwardly looked at me as I was petting him. As soon as our meet & greet was over he bolted back into his kennel, sat down and waited for the attendant to close the door on him. He wanted to be in there, it was his safe haven.
He was different; this boy didn’t bark, didn’t like me, didn’t like men, didn’t like kids, despised playing with toys. Along with all of his fears, he also has canine epilepsy. I was so intrigued by this dog! I wanted to make him mine, I wanted to work with him and teach him what a real loving home was like because who knows if he has ever felt that kind of love before. We put in an application. We got accepted and he was ours! June 23, 2011 is the day that would forever change this boys life. It took a good few months before Rolo would even venture upstairs to sleep. We didn’t create our bond over night. It took time, patience, positive reinforcement and definitely a lot treats.
Flash forward to 2019, After months and months of struggling with his health on January 11, 2019, Rolo had made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge surrounded by his Mom and Dad. He lived a good life. He was so Loved. He will be Forever Missed.
Over the years Rolo and his story have been featured in a lot of online press, whether it was another pet blog, a website, a book or even a calendar. I am so proud of everything he has accomplished! I truly believe he was brought into my life for a reason.
* PET BLOG: Lessons from a Paralyzed Dog Click Here
* PET BLOG: American Dog Blog Click Here
* PET BLOG: Kol’s Notes – Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Mocha’s Mysteries & Meows Click Here
* PET BLOG: My Pawsitively Pets – Pet of the Week Click Here
* PET BLOG: Peace, Love n Whiskers Click Here
* PET BLOG: Your Special Dog Click Here
* PET BLOG: His Muddy PawPrints Click Here
* PET BLOG: Internet of Dog Things – Included in the Holiday Gift Guide Round Up Click Here
* PET BLOG: My Pawsitively Pets- Link back to Blog Feature Click Here
* WEBSITE: Stylish Canine – Link back to blog feature Click Here
* PET BLOG: Adventures with Animals Click Here
* WEBSITE: BlogPaws Website – Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Come Wag Along – Fashion Friday Feature Click Here
* WEBSITE: Portraits by NC Click Here
* WEBSITE: Buddy’s Line Click Here
* PET BLOG: K9’s Over Coffee – Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Dog Mom Days – Mention Click Here
* Facebook Event – Rolo hosted his own Canine Epilepsy Awareness Day Event
March 26, 2015 aprox 110 people participated online
* PET BLOG: Pawsitively Pets – Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Kol’s Notes – DIY Valentines Day Photos Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Internet of Dog Things – Pet Lovers Holiday Gift Guide Mention Click Here
* PET BLOG: Beagles & Bargains – Mother’s Day Post Mention Read Here
* PET BLOG: A Girl and Her Husky – Mention Read Here
Page Updated: May 29, 2019