Kimberley is originally from Merritt, British Columbia, Canada but has been calling Fort McMurray, Alberta home for 10+ years. She shares her life with her husband, step son, daughter & furry family member, Rolo (now furangel). Some of her favourite things include; Disney, travelling, cupcakes and social media. Growing up as an only child, animals have played a very important role in her life. She could never repay her childhood dog Sparky for all of the life lessons and support she has given her through some difficult times in her life, including her parents divorce.
In 2011, her life changed when a certain German Shepherd entered her life. In 2013, Kimberley took her passion for animals, being a shelter animal advocate & dog mom and launched her own pet blog “Confessions of a Rescue Mom” to inspire others looking to adopt through real life stories and adventures. It also gives an inside look into her life as a dog mom to former shelter dog, Rolo. Did you know that this blog was initially created to assist Rolo’s former shelter; The Fort McMurray SPCA with creating a bigger social media presence.
Their blog grew so rapidly that they started featuring animal shelters from around the world in hopes of trying to help them, just like she did with the FMSPCA. From Puerto Vallarta, Mexico all the way to Australia, we love supporting shelters! Shortly after they started doing Pet Product Reviews by giving honest opinions and featuring great photos & videos.
I have to admit Rolo has accomplished so much in the almost 8 years he has been in her life and to think that when he was first adopted, he didn’t even like her! Now he is her shadow & truthfully her best friend.
After living his life to the fullest, in January of 2019, Rolo made his journey to the Rainbow Bridge. He is deeply missed by his entire family, friends and his followers. In May of 2019, we under went a name change; Rescue Dog – Mom Confessions was sparked!
Just a little bragging now…over the years they have been very lucky to have been featured in various online media and prints. Below we tried to gather up various things they have been featured in. A big shout out to all those who have helped us share Rolo’s story or chat about our views, Thank You!
* Newspaper – Snap Wood Buffalo – Various Editions
* Shaw Cable Episode about Famous Dogs in YMM Watch Here
* YMM Magazine – Prevent, Prepare & Protect Click Here
* YMM Magazine – Rolo’s Guide to YMM Click Here
* YMM Magazine – Home & Garden Guide – How to create a Pet friendly back yard Read Here
* YMM Magazine – Local Gift Picks for Pets
* McMurray Girl Magazine(Summer 2013) – Featured on Pages 9, 49-51 Click Here
* Rescue Me Magazine – Rolo featured as one of the Faces Of Rescue
* Animal Wellness Magazine – Dog of the Year Announcement
* Canadian Dogs Annual – Dog Of The Year Announcement Click Here
* People Pets – Cutest Pet of the day
* Canadian WeBlog Awards 2014 – Nominated in 2 categories Click Here
* YMM Magazine – How to Host a Pet Friendly Party Read Here
* PetPr.Com – Blogger Profile Interview Click Here
* Dog Works Radio – Radio Interview with Fivesibes about Canine Epilepsy Read & Listen Here
* PetSmart Charities – Rescue Story Read Here
* Canine Epilepsy Calendar 2015 – Featured in January
* Neighbors of North Timberlea – Issue 10/March 2016
* Newspaper – Fort McMurray Connect – Volume 12/Issue 17 April 28, 2016
* Lucky Puppy Magazine – Our Evacuation Story Read Here
* PODCAST – Pets From The Internet Listen Here
* YMM Parent Magazine – Pet Life in YMM Read Here
Just like pets, we know how important it is to socialize;
Instagram & Twitter: @RescueMomBlog
Page Updated: May 29, 2019